Happy International Meditation day!
To celebrate this practice, we wanted to give you some insight on meditation, the ways in which it could help you by incorporating it into your daily life. Akasa Wellness was so kind to send over some of their insight too, some insider tips from the girls who are the true professionals !
In today’s fast-paced world, many people experience stress and anxiety frequently. However, practicing meditation can offer numerous benefits that can make you feel better mentally and emotionally.
It improves concentration and self-awareness, cultivates compassion, and reduces physical symptoms of stress. These benefits extend to daily life, making it easier to cope with stress and maintain a sense of peace and balance.
To meditate effectively, create a peaceful and distraction-free environment. Choose a quiet room without electronics, ensure gentle lighting, find a comfortable seat, and add natural elements like plants or scents. This will enhance your practice and help you reap the benefits of meditation.
Benefits of practicing meditation:
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Meditation can have a significant impact on reducing stress and anxiety levels. By calming the mind and promoting a sense of peace and tranquillity.
- Enhances Attention and Concentration: Consistent practice of meditation can enhance attention and concentration abilities. It helps to discipline the mind to remain attentive to the current moment.
- Improves Quality of Sleep: Incorporating meditation and yoga into your daily routine can promote better sleep quality. It allows for the relaxation of both the mind and body, which is essential for achieving restful and rejuvenating sleep.
- Boosts Emotional Health: Persistent engagement in meditation can improve emotional health by decreasing negative emotions such as anger, frustration, and sadness while promoting positive emotions such as happiness and contentment.
- Strengthens immune system: meditation can help boost your body’s immune system and promote healthier aging.
Akasa Wellness’ Tips & Views on Meditation
Create a regular practice: Consistency is key when it comes to meditation. Try to set aside a specific time each day to meditate, even if it's just for a few minutes.
Focus on your breath: Your breath is a powerful tool for calming the mind and bringing you into the present moment. Focus your attention on the sensation of your breath moving in and out of your body.
Don't judge your thoughts: It's normal for your mind to wander during meditation. When it does, don't judge yourself or get frustrated. Simply acknowledge the thought and gently guide your attention back to your breath.
Practice self-compassion: Meditation is a practice of self-care and self-compassion. Treat yourself with kindness and gentleness, and don't judge yourself for your thoughts or feelings. Remember, meditation is a journey, not a destination.
In conclusion Meditation is something that everyone can do to improve their mental, emotional, and physical health. This practice requires no special equipment or memberships, and it can be performed anywhere. However, for those who prefer guidance or a sense of community, there are various meditation courses and support groups readily available. Additionally, there is a wide range of meditation styles to choose from, each with its unique strengths and benefits. By experimenting with different styles and finding one that aligns with your goals, you can greatly improve your quality of life, even if you have only a few minutes each day to devote to it.